So I don’t know why this didn’t post but lets try again. Like it wasn’t bad enough I was a few days late!
- Saturday: Steak and Grilled Red Potatoes
- Sunday: Party! NO COOKING!
- Monday: Chicken and Broccoli Pasta (See below*)
- Tuesday: Grilled Haddock or leftovers
- Wednesday: BLTZ (teeball and soccer photos)
- Thursday: Minute steak Fajitas
- Friday: Hamburg and hot dogs
- Saturday: Chicken Cheese Steak (See Below**)
- Sunday: Fathers day..tbd
- Monday: Sandwich's
- Tuesday: Shrimp Kabobs
- Wednesday: Tilapia Tacos
- Thursday: Portabella Burgers
I found a great 5 day menu plan that I am so looking forward to try in 2 weeks so stay tuned it will get interesting.
Here’s the 411 on some of the items above:
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta:
2 oz wholewheat
penne with 2 oz cubed baked
chicken or firm tofu, 1 cup steamed broccoli
florets, 1 oz part-skim mozzarella, ½
cup low-fat tomato sauce
I want to try this!
Italian Artichoke & Leek Salad
- 1 bunch leeks (about 3 stalks), leaves discarded and chopped
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can/jar artichokes, quartered, drained and rinsed
- 1 oz toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Oregano & Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp oregano
In a nonstick skillet, sauté leeks in extra-virgin olive oil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl, combine artichokes, leeks and pine nuts. In a separate small bowl, stir together Oregano & Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, vinegar, lemon zest and pepper. Pour oil-vinegar mixture onto vegetables and stir until evenly distributed. Leftovers can be stored in fridge for 4 to 5 days; don’t freeze.
OREGANO & GARLIC-INFUSED OLIVE OIL
Pour oil, garlic and oregano in a bottle. Cover and store for 1 day in your pantry before using to allow flavors to meld and become more pungent. Oil can be kept for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: This oil is great as a dip for whole-wheat bread, a marinade for meats and fish or a dressing on any salad.
Nutrients per 1-cup serving: Calories: 140, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Omega-3s: 130 mg, Omega-6s: 1,690 mg, Carbs: 12 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 3 g, Sodium: 180 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg