Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chicken Panzanella Salad

 

Well I was suppose to be making this but you all know I can not follow receipts I end up off on my own after about 5 minutes.  So here is what I came up with:

2011-06-26 16.53.15

So I am trying to cook one night a big dinner and then turn it into multiple nights worth of food. I will tell you more about that when I get around to posting my menu for the 2 weeks.  Basically yesterday I roasted a big ass chicken.  Tonight we had a great salad dinner with it. 

The salad consisted of:

  • a mix of hearts of Romaine and baby spinach
  • Thinly sliced red peppers, and cukes
  • 1/5 cups of left over chicken from yesterday
  • The worlds greatest and easiest dressing
  • 12.5 calorie garlic bread triangles ***
  • 1 sliced Avocado
  • and watermelon

It was really yummy and so easy with todays busy events!  the best part, I get to take the leftovers for lunch!  If I made it again I think I would add sliced onion or scallions, and maybe some mushrooms or hard boiled eggs?!!

Enjoy!

***Garlic bread posts will come tomorrow I need to go to bed!

No comments: