This is so unhealthy – 5 cups of sugar.
I saw this last night while searching the web. Strawberry Zucchini Jam using 5 cups of shredded zucchini! I made Cherry zucchini jam!
- 5 cups peeled and shredded zucchini
- 5 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 package of Freezer Jam Pelican
- Stir the zucchini and sugar together in a large pot over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to boil, about 10 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and gelatin, and continue simmering 5 minutes more, stirring constantly. It said this was a soft serve jam, so I tried to add 1/2 package of freezer jam pelican to try to thicken it up. I think it helped but I will let you know.
- Ladle the hot jam into hot, sterilized freezer jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- It said it made 6 jars but I only ended up with 4. And it was kinda sweet I may try it with 1 cup less sugar next time. But think of all the flavors you can come up with.