Thursday, December 29, 2011

“6th infantry” Army Birthday Party

I really expected Tyler to have a pirate birthday party this year.  He was really into Jake and the Neverland pirate this spring.  In the middle of October he told me he wanted an Army Party.  We had already booked Rough N tumble for the kids party.  I waited a few weeks before buying anything to make sure it wasn’t just a random thing.  Well sure enough it stuck.

I quickly searched on Pinterest for ideas, when I found this blog.  I loved it. I really wanted to make the cake but I didn’t have time and I knew I would have enough food with the other ideas I came up with. But you have to admit it’s a genius cake!!

Since we were having kids with allergies attending the party I had to rule out anything with egg, peanuts and red die.  So what do you serve?  I decided on Tyler's dirty battlefield cakes:

001

Super Simple!  pudding, Cool whip, Crushed Oreos!  I topped each one with Army guys,  Tyler wanted gummy worms in them.  He’s the bday guy!

To go along around the dirt cakes, we made Brownie Bombs (left in the photo below) and the General’s Star (right in the photo below)

002

The favor bags were super simple. Just brown lunch bags, sealed with an Army sticker.  I wrote on each one “Tyler’s Army; MRE.”

  Each guest’s bag labeled with there name as Sgt. Emma or Sgt Tyler.003

The favor bags had just basic favors from Hobby lobby (who is stocking Army theme party supplies!) 

Since the party was at Rough n Tumble,  We didn’t do any real decorating. I did get camo bowls for the tables and used camo napkins

009

Everyone seemed to have a good time and were super tired from running around!

 

005012013018

No comments: