Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Homemade Christmas

Well now that Christmas is over we have the mess and photos to reflect on! Each year i try to make a few special gifts!

These are the calendars that I make for a few people! They are great as desk calendars, they slide right into the flip standing photo albums! I try to use photos from that month. It was a little harder this year with two kids!!

These were a gift to me from my grandmother. She lives 1/2 the year in Florida and 1/2 the year in NY. these flowers and ornaments are completely made with seashells. I love them! i would love more of the angles for Christmas next year!

This was a great kids project! I purchased one of those foam kits from Michaels that makes several ornaments. I let Tyler put them together (well he did about 1/2 of them) Then I added the kids photos and dropped them in treat bags. They were great gifts from Emma and Tyler! Mom, if you are reading this i know i forgot to give you yours they are sitting on my tree!!

This is my new favorite way to give giftcards!! its a simple box i made using my scrapbooking supplies! but when you open it, you realize its a scrapbook!
It has 3 flaps on each side! I used coordinating papers and embellishments to make it really nice. Once they use the gift card it, they still have a keepsake box.
Now the food. oh the food of the holidays, i know i packed on the pounds. Let me just give you some idea of what we ate:
Christmas eve: Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, trays of cookies...
Christmas day: eggs, bacon, homefries, prime rib, shrimp, potatoes, kielbasa, rum cake, ice cream, then Cheesecake, apple pie and triple chocolate pie And that is not all of it. i am still full!

So in my family (on my dad's side) on Christmas eve they have great food, shrimp, venison, fruit, dips..It kind of reminds me of the New England tradition of Seafood and steak! David and i usually dont go because we are at my moms side. So early in the week i made a specail dish to kind of help. Lobster Mac N Cheese. It was so freaking easy! I just made my normal Mac N Cheese (homemade not kraft!) and added in lobster. So it was the fake lobster but still was yummy!

You have to try it! its a great way to kick up a middle of the week dish but only one extra step! Dont worry mom, when i made you MacNCheese on Saturday i didnt put any fish into it, honest.

So lets talk about dessert!! yummy. I made 3 desserts for Xmas night, Apple pie, triple choc cream pie and cheesecake! Everyone had to try at least 2 different desserts!

The cheesecake was amazing i was so excited!! i made a raspberry rum sauce to go over the top of it! oh it was to die for~ I didnt follow a receipt i just went with instinct and everyone loved it. My house smelled so yummy when it was cooking! i think i just gained more weight thinking about it! Sorry the photo below is blurry!
This photo just makes me happy! They were roses i got for Emmas baptism. This month was difficult with alot of people passing away and in the middle we celebrated Emma being born, it was odd but comforting. I dont know how to explain it. but these roses lasted forever, they were so pretty!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love the calendars & gift card box! Can't wait to scrap with you soon.