Sunday, January 15, 2012

Garlic Bread Seasoning

399800_10150475243420847_563920846_8730119_421189102_n[1]

this was fun to do.  I just mixed everything and poured it into a salt and pepper shaker.  If you want garlic bread you butter your bread and shake this on top.  This is great even sprinkled on chicken and pasta!

I like to always add a little fresh parmesan cheese to my dishes when I used this. It helps bring out the flavor.  This does contain powdered cheese that I buy at Tom’s Food in Clinton.  I am not a fan of using a food like this, but I think they have the best quality and its only 1/2 cup.

I found the recipe here, it’s a great website with other great recipes I want to try!

what you need:

  • 1/2 c. powdered Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tsp. Kosher salt
  • 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. oregano
  • 2 tsp. basil
  • 2 tsp. marjoram
  • 2 tsp. parsley

Mix all together and pour into shaker bottle!

To make mine look cute for the food swap last week I covered the top with a cupcake liner and tied it with a ribbon.  Using my scrapbook circle punch I made the label for the top.

Enjoy!

No comments: