I was planning to have tacos today and meatballs later this week. My mother in law dropped off my crock pot full of food! Now I have a pound of Hamburg unthawed and the turkey from my recent shopping trip to price chopper. So I made some awesome turkey meatballs this morning. I will save them for later this week when we are camping!
- both packages of ground turkey
- one egg
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 of a med onion chopped
- 1/2 of a bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup of salsa ( if your salsa is watery you may need to increase your bread crumbs)
Once it was all mixed I rolled into 36 large meatballs and baked at 375. I am going to place them in the freezer and I will take out what I need for each meal. Personally I looking forward to sitting by the campfire with a good old meatball sub!!