Monday, October 3, 2011

Awesome Turkey Meatballs

I was planning to have tacos today and meatballs later this week. My mother in law dropped off my crock pot full of food! Now I have a pound of Hamburg unthawed and the turkey from my recent shopping trip to price chopper.  So I made some awesome turkey meatballs this morning.  I will save them for later this week when we are camping!

I mixed:

  • both packages of ground turkey
  • Hamburg
  • one egg
  • 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
  • 1/2 of a med onion chopped
  • 1/2 of a bell pepper chopped
  • 1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach
  • 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp of adobo seasoning
  • 1/2 cup of salsa ( if your salsa is watery you may need to increase your bread crumbs)

Once it was all mixed I rolled into 36 large meatballs and baked at 375.  I am going to place them in the freezer and I will take out what I need for each meal.  Personally I looking forward to sitting by the campfire with a good old meatball sub!!

No comments: