Sunday, September 25, 2011

Honey poppy seed dressing

I love quick and easy dressing.  You all know me by now, I don’t measure; I just whisk, stir and pour!  Back in June I posted the worlds greatest and easiest dressing.  The poppy seed dressing is the distant every happy cousin of the worlds greatest dressing!

So this is what I think I used to make it! lol sorry

  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 tsp of trivia
  • 1 tablespoon of mustard (I love that Irish stout mustard by Hannaford's)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup of Rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of Extra virgin olive oil  (EVOO)
  • 1 1/2 tsp of poppy seeds

In a glass measuring cup whisk the first 4 items together.  Then add in the rice vinegar to the mix.  Once everything is happy I start drizzling in the EVOO while whisking.  Once blended add the poppy seeds.

I serve mine right out of the measuring cup because it makes it easy to pour onto your salads.   You could also add a tsp of lemon juice or lemon zest if you wanted.  hmm actually I think Orange juice or orange zest would rock.  See this is why I love dressing just typing this I came up with 2 more!

Well for now Paul Newman dressing doesn’t need worry because I have work tomorrow and the kids start swim lessons. However, if I get a minute I could start Kristens dressing! You heard it first

No comments: