Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple and Pear Harvest salad.

Quick, easy and soooo yummy!
307191_10150308867320847_563920846_8000380_1314531064_n[1]
What you need:
  • Chopped baby Spinach
  • Chopped and cored Apples and Pears (I kept the skins on)
  • Chopped Walnuts (toasted or not!)
  • Crumbled Feta cheese
  • Lemon juice
So the amounts for the above is up to you.  For a large salad I used about 3 cups of the spinach, 2 apples, one pair, 1/2 cup of walnuts and like a 1/3 cup of the feta.

I first cut the spinach and added the feta and walnuts earlier in the day so it was ready to go. Then right before dinner I chopped the apples and pears.  I sprinkled the lemon juice on them right on the cutting board.  I gave them a little toss to make sure they were covered.  Then I threw them in the salad..

My dressing for this salad was http://szareksden.blogspot.com/2011/09/honey-poppy-seed-dressing.html
It was so good!.  We had it with grilled pork tenderloin.  I cut up my tenderloin and added it into the salad.  it was amazing. the dressing went so well with the pork.  In fact it was so good we ate all the pork.  The photo above is what is left of my amazing salad..I am taking it to work with some grilled chicken. 

Later this week I hope to blog about my grocery shopping experiment.  What I will tell you now is that the pork tenderloin was from Aldis – it was priced $3.99 a pound.  It only took about 15-20 minutes to grill on medium heat.  Pork tenderloin is so good for you and really not that badly priced.  15-20 minutes is not too much time for a good amazing healthy meal. 

I didn’t figure the calories yet for this dinner but I am not too worked…what was bad?  I added EVOO to my dressing but that was my daily fat intake.  Walnuts are good for you and I only used 1/3 of a cup. 

Try it you will like it…love it

No comments: