Tuesday, July 19, 2011

yogurt chipotle sauce (southwest seasoning)

I love spicy food..hot sauce of ketchup or BBQ sauce any day!  I also have a love affair with pretzels and dip.  I have found the perfect thing!

All you need is:

  • 6oz plain greek yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon low fat mayo
  • 1/2 tsp horseradish sauce
  • 1/4 tsp of minced garlic or you could use garlic powder (for a milder taste)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 1/2 tablespoon of chopped onion
  • Hot sauce and chipotle seasoning – add a tsp at a time till you get the heat you like

basically you mix it all together, and put it in the fridge a few hours ahead of time. Its great on burgers and chicken.  I also dipped pretzel in it!  Now I just mixed this while standing in my kitchen.  I am going to try to do it again and pay close attention to what I added.  I have a few ideas to kick this up a bit so stand by!!

No comments: