Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kabobs and Grilled Red Potatoes

There is nothing better then spending a day outside after a long winter.  The air finally warm, the grass turning greener, and the birds creating a beautiful background melody. 

020

I spent Saturday morning turning the ground in my garden.  My son picking the worms from each turn of soil, dreaming of his first fishing trip of the year.  Excited by the findings of fuzzy caterpillars and spiders.  My daughter playing with Max who was recently relocated from his winter den (aka our shed) to his summer home.  He was soaking up the sun dreaming of carrots before the arrival of the almost 2year old blonde beast!!

017

At the end of the day we finally settled down for a great grilled dinner! It made me dream of summer with my own fresh veggies.  For dinner we had Grilled kabobs and grilled red potatoes!

001

You will need:

  • 1lb of Kabob mean – I get mine from Drover Hill Farms
  • 2 Bell peppers, I like to mix the colors
  • 1 med red onion
  • 1 med zucchini
  • Fresh mushrooms
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Salt and pepper
  • Blue Mountain Seasoning from Old Goat Foods
  • Kabob sticks

Earlier in the day before going outside I sliced up all my veggies and put them in a bowl.  I added roughly 3 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper.  I mixed the veggies so that they were evenly covered in the vinegar and season.  

In another bowl, I placed the kabob meat and sprinkle the blue mountain seasoning mix along with pepper.  Add as much of the season as you like to suit your taste. 

Right before dinner I loaded up the kabob sticks with the goods!  I ended up with 5 kabobs that had veggies and meat, and one that was all veggies.

your grill time we depend on how thick cut the meat is. But we cook ours slow.  The only down side of kabobs is they will disappear fast!

Grilled Potatoes!!

003

so easy and so yum.

I purchased a bag of small red potatoes.  I figure about 3-4 per serving/person.  I sliced them in half and put them in a microwave for about 2 minutes so they were partially cooked.  Then in a bowl, I mixed the potatoes, 1 Tbsp of EVOO, 1 Tbsp of rosemary seasoning and some sea salt.  When the potatoes were covered evenly and added them to the top rack of the grill.  They go perfectly with the kabobs.  They also cook well that the low and slow temp of the kabobs.  I love them!!

002

I so hope this coming weekend is warm with a taste of summer, don’t you?

No comments: